Competence Center Bavaria – Central and Eastern Europe
Discover your own path Central and Eastern Europe!
Our interactive video takes you on a journey
This video was created in 2021 as a study project in cooperation with evidentmedia and OTH students of the study program Media Technology and Media Production.
Team: Veit Stephan (project management), Carla Asmellash, Malin Ahrens, Mehmet Atilgan, Sophia Schoene and Yossra Djelassi (production)
The Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes (German National Academic Foundation) awards annual full scholarships for study visits to Eastern Europe funded by the Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach Foundation. The application deadline is usually March 15.
The scholarship under the "Metropolises in Eastern Europe" program enables study or research stays in combination with language courses and internships. Funding is provided for stays in the countries of Eastern, Central Eastern or Southeastern Europe or the post-Soviet region lasting at least seven months and no longer than four semesters. Master's degree courses are also supported, as are practical semesters and individual research stays. The scholarship is open to students of all subjects except art, design, music and film.
Scholarship holders of the Metropolis Program can receive funds for living expenses, tuition fees, language course as well as travel expenses. Acceptance into the program is concurrent with acceptance into the Study Foundation.
Further information on the program, scholarship benefits and application modalities: www.studienstiftung.de/osteuropa
MEET UP! Youth for Partnership promotes international exchange projects and participation formats for youth and young people as well as the qualification of professionals from Belarus, Georgia, Ukraine and Germany. The aim is to intensify relations between young Europeans and to strengthen their commitment to a common Europe. In 2022 and 2023 they also invite young people and organizations from Armenia, Azerbaijan and the Republic of Moldova to participate in their offers. For more information, see here: https://www.stiftung-evz.de/meetup
Students, teachers and researchers at Bavarian and Czech state and state-supported universities and colleges can apply to the BTHA for the following scholarships:
- Scholarships for Language courses and summer schools in the Czech Republic
- Scholarships for Study and research stays in the Czech Republic
- Scholarships for Internships in Czech Republic
- Scholarships for Language courses and summer/winter schools in Bavaria
For more information, see the "Scholarships" section.
BAYHOST Scholarships and Funding
BAYHOST oversees the scholarship programmes of the Free State of Bavaria and its partner countries in Eastern Europe and awards mobility grants for student and academic exchange as well as for initiating cooperation in research and teaching. The range of scholarships and mobility grants for students and researchers can be found here.
Would you like to spend a semester in Poland or the Czech Republic? Are you culturally open-minded and interested in the country and its people?
Every semester, the GFPS partner associations in Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic award scholarships for students and doctoral candidates to complete a study visit or a semester language course.
- Study in the Czech Republic (for the winter semester 2022/2023 and summer semester 2023) Application deadline: 05.05.2022 and 31.10.2022 respectively.
- GFPS internship in the Czech Republic - 2 days of study, 3 days of "practice" (for the winter semester 2022/2023 and summer semester 2023) - Application deadline: 05.05.2022 or 31.10.2022
- Study in Poland (for the summer semester 2023) - Application deadline: 31.10.2022
- Semester language course in Poland (for the summer semester 2023) - Application deadline: 31.10.2022