Dear students from Ukraine,
We would like to support you in this difficult time and help you, whether "only" for a transitional period or for a longer period of time, to continue or complete your studies in Ukraine, provided that this is within our possibilities or corresponds to our study programme. In order to be able to help you specifically, we ask you to fill out this online form. We will then contact you immediately and advise you individually.
Please click here for an up-to-date overview up-to-date overview of the degree programmes we currently offer in English. More are in the planning stage. Of course, the other degree programmes (teaching language German, language level B2) are also available to you.
As a state university, we do not charge tuition fees - you only have to pay a student union fee of currently 52.00 euros per semester. Apart from that, you will have to pay an average of 600 - 800 euros for living expenses, including rent.
- Online form - registration for Ukrainian students to coordinate their support.
- Overview of English-language degree programmes
- General information for international applicants
- General information for refugees
- Training courses „German as a foreign language” for refugee students at both locations Amberg and Weiden starting in September 2022
OTH Amberg-Weiden supports
The war in Ukraine continues. This situation is shocking, the news situation is staggering. However, the willingness of the population to help is impressive. Like many other universities, OTH Amberg-Weiden has also reacted quickly and created offers to support Ukrainian students and academics. The university continues to be involved at various levels.
- July 2022: There are currently around 60 Ukrainian refugees enrolled as guest students at OTH Amberg-Weiden.
- July 2022: Meeting of Marian Mure (KOMO) with Serhij Lukanjuk, Head of the International Office of the University of Czernowitz, as well as with Galina Bogachenko, Project and Programme Manager of the International Office of the KROK University in Kiev.
- June 2022: KOMO collection campaign (use for medical and hygienic items for Ukrainian university partners)
- June 2022: Application in the DAAD funding programme „Future Ukraine - Scholarship Programme for Refugees from Ukraine at German Universities” by KOMO (selection decision has been postponed for the time being)
- May 2022: Application in the DAAD programme „Ukraine digital” for the project "DILLUGIS - Digital Labs & Lectures for Ukrainian, German & International Students" by Prof. Dr. Julia Heigl (approval, funding until the end of 2022)
- May 2022: Playing for Peace! Benefit concert by the Ukrainian musician and artist „Make like a Tree” at the Weiden campus
- Subsequent enrolment of 15 Ukrainian refugees as guest students in the summer semester 2022
- May 2022: Ice cream promotion of the Study and Career Services (Report – only in German)
- May 2022: Admission of two Ukrainian guest researchers - Dr. Dmytro Antonuik and Dr. Kateryna Antoniuk from the National Technical University Zaporizhzhya
- 17.03.22 - Press release: OTH Amberg-Weiden helps: Quick and unbureaucratic access to higher education for Ukrainian refugees (Report – only in German)
- March 2022: Collection campaign for donations in kind at both university locations and participation in aid transports
- 28.02.2022 - Press release: Solidarity with partners in Ukraine (Report – only in German)
Solidarity with the Ukraine
For #Europe For #Peace #StandWithUkraine
We share Bayhost’s conviction that the Russian attack on Ukraine damages the successful and friendly cooperation with partner institutions in both Ukraine and Russia that has grown over many years. Our thoughts are with our Ukrainian academic partners, Ukrainian students and their families.
Since its foundation, OTH Amberg-Weiden has been a cosmopolitan university with close ties to international partners and currently has 24 percent international students (student statistics - Primuss, as of 09.06.2022). There are intensive cooperations with numerous partners worldwide - especially in Central and Eastern Europe and, due to various projects carried out since 2014, also intensive contacts with 13 universities in Ukraine. The university partnership has been contractually fixed with three of these universities for many years: National Yuri Fedkovich University (Chernivtsi), National Technical University of Ukraine (Kiev) and KROK University (Kiev). In the context of international projects (currently INTERADIS with eight Ukrainian university partners) and other German-Ukrainian projects, relations are also maintained with other universities in Ukraine. Despite and precisely because of the current situation, OTH Amberg-Weiden is pursuing the goal of maintaining and further expanding its cooperative relationships in Ukraine. This also includes supporting refugee students and academics from Ukraine.
The exchange and projects with Ukrainian partner universities of the OTH Amberg-Weiden are managed by KOMO (with the support of the International Office).
Voices of our Ukrainian partners
- Süddeutsche Zeitung series Ukrainian Diary (Ukrainisches Tagebuch – in German) by Oxana Matiychuk of the University of Chernivtsi
- Interview with Serhij Lukanjuk, Head of the International Office of the National Yuri Fedkovych University in Czernowitz Report by Oberpfalz TV from 24.02.2022
- Interview with Prof. Dr. Tatyana Ivanovska, Professor for Artificial intelligence at OTH Amberg-Weiden, who is from East Ukraine
Report by Oberpfalz TV from 24.02.2022
Ukrainian student registration
Dear students from Ukraine,
in order for us to be able to help you in a targeted manner, we would like to ask you to complete the following registration form and send it to us.
Please attach the following documents to this online application:
- All official documents you have on hand regarding your school or university education, university matriculation certificates, grade certificates, etc.
- Copy of your identity card
- Short curriculum vitae
We will then check whether you can be enrolled as an exchange student or regular student in one of our degree programmes.
Informing and helping
- Padlet with useful information for Ukrainian guests in Sulzbach-Rosenberg and Amberg.
- Free online courses to learn German (especially for Ukrainians): Speexx and free access to Duolingo English tests (the latter through contact with the language centre of the OTH Amberg-Weiden).
- Dekoder translates Russian and Belarusian voices from independent (not state-controlled) media - awarded the Grimme Online Award
War in Ukraine - background information (in Russian or German)
- DAAD - Support for Ukrainian Students and Academics
- DAAD - Studying in Germany - Funding
- #ScienceForUkraine is a community of volunteer students and researchers from academic institutions in Europe and around the world https://scienceforukraine.eu
- Chance for Science Conference 2022 - Conference for academics affected by the war in Ukraine https://www.chance-for-science.eu/
- Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, Sports and Integration - Aid in the Ukraine crisis www.ukraine-hilfe.bayern.de
- Offer accommodation for people from Ukraine
- The district of Amberg-Sulzbach is looking for accommodation for refugees
Anyone who would like to offer flats, flats or single-family houses for refugees should contact the head of the social welfare office at the Amberg-Sulzbach district office.
Offer property via online form: www.kreis-as.de/wohnangebote
Offers of assistance in the Ukraine crisis at the Amberg-Sulzbach district
- City of Amberg - Ukraine-Help Coordination Group
Collection campaigns and collection points in the Amberg area - ZAMHALTN
- City of Weiden - How you can help
- District NEW – Landkreis NEW
- District TIR – Landkreis TIR
- District SAD – Landkreis SAD
- City of Schwandorf – Stadt Schwandorf
- ISMO GmbH organises the distribution of donations from the Polish-Ukrainian border via its Ukrainian employees
IKGS, the Institute for German Culture and History of Southeast Europe at LMU Munich is appealing for donations for the care of internally displaced persons in Bukovina to the following account:
DE23 7015 0000 0907 2714 07, SSKMDEMMXXX, Münchner Stadtsparkasse.
Our long-standing university partner, the Gedankendach Centre of our partner university, the Yuri Fedkovich University of Chernivtsi, will take care of the use of the donations with its team and network.
Libereco - Partnership for Human Rights and Восток SOS are currently collecting money to help Ukrainians evacuate.
Those willing to donate use the following bank details:
Intended purpose: Ukraine
IBAN: DE96 8309 4495 0003 3203 32
BIC: GENO DE F1 ETK