Outgoings - I am off then...
Completing a study semester at a partner university or a compulsory internship abroad, participating in an international summer school or taking a language course abroad - there is a wide range of opportunities available to students at OTH Amberg-Weiden to go out and explore the world.
You can also benefit from the experience of our outgoings: Find out first-hand reports about the many and varied activities abroad on our "Zugvögel" blog.
Click here for the foreign blog!
If you still want to find out more, visit the foreign blog of DAAD Study worldwide – Studieren weltweit – erlebe es! This is a platform where students from Germany can share the experiences they had during their stay abroad.
Simply get to know more and learn what it is like to study at a university abroad - a semester abroad, usually lasting one or two semesters, opens up many new perspectives.
As part of the Erasmus+ programme, you can study at one of our partner institutions in Europe. The good thing about this programme is that you receive a monthly scholarship and are exempt from tuition fees and other charges. In addition, the host university will support you in finding accommodation and assist you with all the formalities related to your studies.
If you want to study abroad outside of Europe, you will usually have significantly higher costs. Most of our partner universities charge tuition fees. You should therefore apply early for Bafög and other grants such as PROMOS or OTH International. You can find out more about this under "Funding opportunities".
Find out well in advance which insurance policies you need to take out for your stay abroad. The health insurance card is valid for the whole of Europe, but you should still consider taking out additional insurance to be able to finance the necessary medical treatment and repatriation to Germany if necessary. You can find information about the necessary insurance cover and about low-cost group insurance on the DAAD's information pages.
An International Student Identity Card (ISIC) may also prove useful for your stay. This card entitles you to discounts on flights, accommodation, travel, shopping and entertainment worldwide. For more information on the ISIC, click here.
For studies in Australia, Canada and the USA, proof of language ability (like TOEFL, IELTS) is usually required. Our partner universities also accept the so-called DAAD certificate, which you can take at the Language Centre or the International Office of the OTH. Simply make an appointment.
External counselling services
Counselling for studies worldwide
The International Student Organisation (ISO) offers recurring web tutorials for studying abroad in Canada, Australia or the USA.
You can choose between the following universities:
- International College of Management, Sydney
- Vancouver Island University
- National University
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington
An overview of all tutorials can be found here.
All universities offer various options for reimbursement of costs or even postponement of your stay if you are unable to start your studies due to the Corona Pandemic. Information on the different measures can be found here.
Every semester, GOstralia!-GOzealand! organises lectures, workshops and information events throughout Germany and is also a guest at many trade fairs and International Days at universities. Of course, everything revolves around the topic of "Studying in Australia, New Zealand and Asia".
You will be provided with information on the various study opportunities and how to finance them, and you will receive numerous tips on studying, living and working in Down Under. You also have the opportunity to meet the Australia and New Zealand experts from GOstralia! personally and get individual advice on site.
The events are open and free of charge for students of all faculties.
You will find more information on the GOstralia! Gozealand! website!
- CAMPUS 02 FH Graz, Austria (AI, EI, MT, BW, HD, TM, MZ, WI, IN, UM, MP, IM)
- FH Campus Wien, University of Applied Sciences, Austria (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, MB, KT, PI, TM, MZ, WI, IN, UM, MP)
- Thomas More University, Mechelen, Belgium (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, MB, KT, PI, BW, HD, TM, MZ, WI, IN, UM, MP, IM)
- University College of Management and Design Aspira, Split, Croatia (BW, HD, TM)
- College of European and Regional Studies, Ceské Budejovice, Czech Republic (BW, HD, TM, IM)
- University of South Bohemia, Ceské Budejovice, Czech Republic (BW, HD, TM, IM)
- University of Pardubice, Pardubice, Czech Republic ( AI, AWP, BW, BU, DIB, EI, GI, II, IB, WP, AR, DB)
- Technical University of Liberec, Czech Republic (MB, MA)
- Skoda Auto Vysoka Skola Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic (BW, HD, TM, IM)
- VŠB-Technická Univerzita Ostrava, Czech Republic (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, MB, KT, PI, BW, HD, TM, MZ, WI, IN, UM, MP, IM
- University of West Bohemia, Pilsen, Czech Republic (AI, EI, BW, HD, TM, IM)
- Technical University Prague, Czech Republic (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, MB, KT, PI, TM, MZ, WI, IN, UM, MP, IM)
- Tomas Bata University Zlín, Czech Republic (BW, HD, WI)
- Savonia UAS Kuopio, Finland (AI, EI, BW, HD, TM, IM)
- Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Finland (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, MB, KT, PI, TM, MZ, WI, IN, UM, MP)
- Vaasa Novia UAS, Finland (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, MB, KT, PI, MZ, WI, BW, IM)
- Université de Bordeaux, Périgueux, France (EN, UT, KT, BW, HD, TM, WI)
- ECAM Rennes, France (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, MB, KT, PI, TM, MZ, WI)
- Dennis Gabor College, Budapest, Hungary (AI, EI, BW, HD, TM)
- Obuda University, Budapest, Hungary (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, KT, BW, HD, TM, MZ, WI)
- University of Limerick, Ireland (EN, UT, MB, KT, MZ, WI, IN, UM)
- Universita dell'Insubria Varese, Italy (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, MB, KT, PI, TM)
- WSB University in Gdansk, Poland (BW, HD, TM, IM)
- University of Humanities & Economics, Lodz, Poland (MT, TM, BW, HD)
- University of Technology, Lodz, Poland (EI, MT, AI, MB, UT, KT, WI, TM, BW)
- WSB University in Poznan, Poland (BW, HD, TM, IM)
- State Higher Vocational School, Tarnów, Poland (EI, AI, BW, HD, TM, IM, MT)
- Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland (BW, HD, TM, IM)
- WSB University in Torun, Poland (BW, HD, TM, IM)
- WSB University in Wroclaw, Poland (BW, HD, TM, IM)
- Universidade dos Acores, Portugal (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, MB, KT, PI, BW, HD, TM, MZ, WI)
- Universidade do Minho, Braga, Portugal (AI, EI)
- Comenius University Bratislava, Slovakia (BW, HD, WI, TM, IM)
- Slovak University of Technology, Bratislava, Slovakia (AI, EI, II, MB, BU)
- University of Maribor, Slovenia (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, MB, KT, PI, TM, MZ, WI)
- ESIC Business & Marketing School, Madrid, Spain (BW, HD)
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, MB, KT, PI, BW, HD, TM, MZ, WI, IN, UM, MP, IM)
- Universitat de les Illes Balears, Palma de Mallorca, Spain (AI, EI, MT, EN, UT, MB, KT, PI, MZ, WI, UM)
- Istanbul University, Türkei (BW, DIB, IB, TM, LD, MT, DB, DEI, IM, IMS, MP)
Partner universities worldwide
- Zagazig University, Kairo, Egypt
- Sinai University, Egypt
- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianópolis, Brazil
- Universidad Finis Terrae, Santiago, Chile
- Jiangsu University, China
- Shanghai Normal University, China
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, India
- Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
- Rajagiri School of Engineering & Technology, Kerala, India
- State Islamic University Syarif Hidayatulla, Jakarta, Indonesia
- State Islamic University of Sultan Syarif Kasim Riau, Indonesia
- German- Jordanian University, Amman, Jordan
- Jordan University of Science & Technology, Irbid, Jordan
- Kazakh National Technical University, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Gachon University, Seognam, Korea
- Ara Institute of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
- Technical University Tambov, Russia
- Sibirian Federal University Krasnojarsk, Russia
- MUBiNT Jaroslawl, Russia
- Public Lomonossow University Moskow, Russia
- University of Kragujevac, Serbia
- National Jurij Fedkowitsch University Czernowitz, Ukraine
- National Technical University of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine
- Belarussian National Technical University, Minsk, Belarus
Cooperation with other foreign universities
Internship or placement abroad
Check these data bases below to search for an internship:
- DAAD Europe
- Erasmus Intern Erasmus Student Network
- Study Work International
- EURES Datenbank
- BayInd India
- ASA Engagement Global Project internships in Asia, Africa, South America and South-East Europe
- kulturweit - der Freiwilligendienst der Deutschen UNESCO Kommission Voluntary social year in the field of nature, culture and education
- EU-LAC Foundation Placements in Latin America
- IAESTE DAAD internship exchange for technical internships worldwide
Worldwide research internships for German students from the natural sciences, life sciences and engineering - that is the short formula for the RISE Worldwide Programme.
- The programme is aimed at bachelor students
- The internships last between one and a half and three months
- The internships take place in the summer during the lecture-free period
- Researchers from accredited higher education and research institutions around the world offer internship projects
- Working language is usually English
- The DAAD places and supports students with scholarships
Further information can be found on the RISE worldwide website of the DAAD.
You can also complete an internship at a European partner university as part of the European Project Semester (EPS). Here you will work in small international teams of 3-6 students on interdisciplinary projects in cooperation with partners from business and industry. Our EPS partner universities are the Novia University of Applied Sciences and the Lodz University of Technology. To learn more about the EPS, click here.
Find out in good time what kind of insurance you need to sign up for your stay abroad. The health insurance card is valid for the whole of the EU member states, but you should still consider taking out additional insurance to be able to finance the necessary medical treatment and repatriation to Germany if necessary. For internships abroad, you must always take out liability and accident insurance. The DAAD information pages provide information on the required insurance cover and on inexpensive group insurance policies.
An International Student Identity Card (ISIC) may also prove useful for your stay. This card entitles you to discounts on flights, accommodation, travel, shopping and entertainment worldwide. Further information on the ISIC can be found here.
For travel to countries with a critical security situation, you should register with the Federal Foreign Office's Elefand registration system (electronic registration of Germans abroad).
Summer and Winter Schools & Language Courses
Besides internships or semesters abroad, international summer schools or language courses also offer opportunities to discover the world. There are special offers for students of OTH Amberg-Weiden available.
Summer Schools/Winter Schools
Virtual BayIND Summer School on Entrepreneurship
addresses students from India studying at Bavarian Universities and students at Bavarian Universities wishing to gain an insight into the Indian and Bavarian start-up landscape.
30 August 2021 - 8 September 2021
Application Deadlina: 30. April 2021
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers summer schools on a wide variety of topics in countries in Central, Eastern and South Eastern Europe. The aim is to attract more students from Germany to study and research stays in the above countries as well as the South Caucasus and Central Asia, and to provide financial support for these visits.
You will find further information on topics, countries and scholarships on the DAAD homepage at call for applications for summer schools.
Apply now for the upcoming Bordeaux Summer School Program. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, this year’s edition is 100% online.
The courses take place between May and October 2021 und offer a variety of disciplines ranging from material science to energy storage and neuroscience. The program is entirely in English.
Interested? For further information, please check the Program Website of University of Bordeaux.
Language and summer courses
Visit the DAAD information pages to find out more about language and summer courses at universities in selected countries. Language courses can be funded with PROMOS or OTH International scholarships, e.g. in the form of grants for course fees or a travel allowance.