UNIcert® - The university-specific foreign language certificate
The UNIcert® programme is a nationally accepted, practice-oriented and demanding training and examination system that is valid across languages and institutions. The regular and independent quality control of all accredited institutions by the scientific UNIcert® advisory board meets the official standards of modern quality management.
Participants of UNIcert® courses receive a multilingual certificate after successful completion, which documents and certifies the skills acquired at the respective level and subject orientation.
Further important information about the UNIcert® course offer:
- The offer is free of charge for students of the university.
- Registration is possible until October 1st in the winter semester and until March 15th in the summer semester. University students can register here.
- The minimum number of participants is 15.
Please note that the maximum number of participants for individual courses is limited.
Information on the status of the individual courses as well as the dates and premises will be published at the beginning of the semester.
- For students: The courses conclude optionally with an examination (grade/ETCS) - or - with appropriate participation - with a certificate. The examination results can be included in the supplementary certificate. After consultation with the programme directors, the courses (with 2 SWS) can be taken as an AW subject (as long as an AW offer exists in the programme and an examination has been taken in this course).
Some courses of the UNIcert® programme are also open to external participants - for a course fee.
Accredited UNIcert courses
UNIcert® certificates can currently be obtained at OTH Amberg-Weiden for the following languages and at the following levels:
- English (Level II und III)
- Czech (Level Basis, I, II und III)
- Russian (Level Basis, I, II und III as a foreign language and as a language of origin)
Here you can find further information.
UNIcert® course offerings see timetables.
Training and examination regulations
Here you can find the combined training and examination regulations for the study-accompanying training for the acquisition of the foreign language certificate UNIcert® at OTH Amberg-Weiden.
UNIcert performance levels
Basic competences in the foreign language, general language with first intercultural aspects. UNIcert®-Basis Level is oriented towards level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Developable basic knowledge of the foreign language, general language with consideration of future career orientation and intercultural aspects. UNIcert® level I is based on level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
General language skills are expanded and deepened. In addition, the ability to cope with essential communicative situations of a subject-, occupation- and culture-specific nature is taught. UNIcert® level II is based on level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Advanced language competence in order to complete academic stays abroad with particular benefit (recommended mobility level). UNIcert® level III is based on level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.