Learning Location Library and Services
Workstations and equipment
For many students, the library is not only a place to obtain information, but also a retreat for undisturbed work. A quiet atmosphere and individually designed workplaces are essential for this. For reasons of fairness, however, it is not possible to reserve group rooms or carrels.
In the reading room
Copy machines and printers
A modern copying and printing machine is available to all university members. You can send your print job to Konica Minolta Print anywhere from your own device or from the library PC workstation. Then you authenticate yourself with your chip card on the device and release your order for printing. You can also copy and scan with the device. External users please contact the library staff if necessary.
Further information can be found here.
Bookeye book scanner
Students who travel a lot naturally want to avoid carrying unnecessary weight with them. If you need your borrowed books mainly for studying in the library, you can borrow one of our mobile containers. This mobile office has space for books, folders and even your laptop, so that you can have them ready to hand the next time you visit the library. Here you can find out how you can borrow a mobile container.
University members can of course use the campus W-LAN free of charge in the library. To register, a personal identification number is required, which all university members will receive automatically. Members of other universities have the possibility to dial in via eduroam. If you have any problems, please contact our colleagues at the computer centre.
Admission is granted exclusively for educational and scientific purposes in research, teaching and studies as well as for purposes of the library, university administration, education and further education and to fulfil other tasks of the university. Any use other than this, such as private use of the Internet, is not permitted.
We see it as one of our tasks to support our users in their search for information and literature. You can of course contact us at the counter. We also offer training events where you can get lots of tips. Under the heading Current Information we point out the respective dates. You can also contact us by E-Mail to arrange an individual appointment.
Offer for students
Please note: Due to the Corona Pandemic currently all training courses are still offered, but digitally as online training via BigBlueButton! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time (see contact persons below).
Every first-year student must attend an introductory course at the library. Here they learn everything about using the library and get to know the library and how the locking system works outside opening hours. You can only use the 24-hour library after having attended this training. The introductions are offered at the beginning of each semester or by appointment.
- Regular research meetings and 24-hour training sessions every Thursday at 8.45 a.m. in Amberg and every Wednesday at 2 p.m. in Weiden. Other dates are possible at any time by arrangement.
- Individual research support for Bachelor and Master students
- Multi-modular training courses:
- Effective literature search and introduction to scientific work
- Literature management with Citavi
(Dates will be announced under Current Information)
Offer for lecturers and new staff at the university
You are new at our university and would like to find out more about our services? Then simply arrange an appointment with us. We are also happy to present our innovations to experienced library users. And we are always open for new idead and suggestions.
Offer for schools
PLease note. Due to the Corona Pandemic currently all training courses are still offered, but digitally as online training via BigBlueButton! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time (see contact persons below).
- Lending and interlibrary loan from 16 years of age
- Minors must bring a declaration of consent from their parents.
- An identity card is required for the issue of a user card.
- Provincial Library ID cards are also valid in our library.
- Pupils writing a seminar paper or similar can book individual research support after making an appointment.
- Our target groups: FOS/BOS, high school higher classes, junior high schools, technical schools
- comprehensive and tailor-made training offer for your class or your W-Seminar
- We will discuss the duration, training content, technical orientation and learning objectives with you in advance.
- We use interactive teaching methods such as group work, independent development and presentation and digital tools such as Actionbound and Kahoot.
- Our modular training offer:
Orientation in the library with a library rally (actionbound)
Professional literature research in the local catalogue, Gateway Bayern and in search engines (Google Scholar, Google, Bing, FIS Bildung, JSTOR)
Information research in electronic resources (e-books, e-journals, subject databases)
Information assessment and citation
Literature management with Citavi free
- Information research for multipliers (teachers)
We can also come to your school if required.
Materials for preparation and follow-up: