Stephanie Reiner, M. A.
Lecturer Weiden Business School
Office hoursPlease make an appointment by e-mail.
Subject area(s)(International) project management, (intercultural) leadership, personnel and organizational development in times of digital change, mindfulness and agility, action research
Personnel and organisational development in times of digital change
Students gain an insight into the basics of management at the individual, team, and organizational levels. Students deal with the management's history and learn about managerial roles, competencies, and functions. In addition, students discuss the concepts of entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship.
Students learn the basics of business information systems and discuss the influence of IT on the world of work and people. Based on self-developed case studies, learners gain insights into digital transformation and the implementation of IT strategies, discuss the introduction of information systems and deal with the development of digital business models and IT security.
The students develop DACH-specific intercultural competencies. They reflect on their cultural imprint with the help of the cultural dimensions according to Hofstede and discuss their experiences in the migration process and culture shocks. In an interactive conference, the students present a cultural competence topic based on different cultural elements, including history, society, economy, politics, art, values, everyday life, and language.
Students develop agile skills and mindset by running their projects in the course. Students act as a SCRUM team in their project group and use various agile methods to develop their product idea (including Design Thinking, Business Model Canvas, Lean Startup, and Pitch Deck). In addition to the agile working methods, the students recognize the need to use mindfulness as an innovation driver.
Final theses supervised by the company
Meierhofer, M. (2020): Master thesis. Personnel recruitment and retention in the training sector. Target group-specific addressing of commercial and technical-commercial trainees of Generation Z. Analysis of the target group and concept development for TELIS FinancialServicesHolding AG.
Meierhofer, M. (2018): Bachelor thesis. The idealtraining concept - what potential trainees and TELIS FinancialServicesHolding AG expect from each other.
Brunner, D. (2018): Bachelor thesis. Development of a innovative content strategy at TELIS FinancialServicesHolding AG.
Ofenbeck, R. (2017). Bachelor thesis. Process analysis and optimisation for the introduction of an internal ordering system at TELIS FinancialServicesHolding AG.
Doctorate project at the Chair of Business Education at the Otto Friedrich University Bamberg in cooperation with the OTH Amberg-Weiden on the topic of "A repertoire of resources for the changing roles of corporate training personnel in times of digital competence education".
Research and development projects as part of my academic work at the Institute for Social Science (ISOB):
- Digital licence (DiFü, external evaluation assignment by "Deutschland Sicher im Netz e. V.")
- Digital skills training for micro-enterprises (DigiEntAid, funded by Erasmus+)
- Respectful communication on the internet (RespectNET, funded by Erasmus+)
- Multimedia skills for university staff (MUST, funded by Erasmus+)
- Developing media literacy skills in young people (MELIA, funded by Interreg)
- Coach for digital learning in cluster organisations (CoDiCLUST, funded by BMBF)
- Digital Learning Camp for apprentices (DiLeCa, funded by BMBF)
- Learning with digital media in vocation educational and training (DigiVET, funded by Erasmus+)
- Developing entrepreneurial skills for female farmers (DEMETRA, funded by Erasmus+)
- Promoting women's access to employment in agriculture (GAEA, funded by Erasmus+)
- Crisis skills and counselling network for women in employment (CCNET, funded by Erasmus+)
- Development of a team of experts on female entrepreneurship (XTEAM-FEM, funded by Erasmus+)
- Empowering women entrepreneurs (InspireUs, funded by Erasmus+)
I am active in the following networks:
- Network Adult Education Digitisation Research (NED)
- Association for Vocational Education Research Network (AG BFN)
- Association of HRM Eastern Bavaria
- German Association for Personnel Management (DGFP)
- Systemic Professionalism (ISB Wiesloch)
I am currently completing the Certificate in University Teaching of the Bavarian Centre for Innovative Teaching (BayZiel).
I am happy to network via LinkedIn, XING or ResearchGate. Click here for my short curriculum vitae and list of publications.