Study Biotechnology and Environmental Process Engineering
Teaching language: German!
This degree programme is concerned with the application of scientific and engineering principles for the protection of environments and the improvement of environmental quality. It provides the know-how for the development of innovative, environmentally friendly and sustainable technologies. Besides a sound basis in mathematics, physics and chemistry, students acquire in-depth knowledge in all aspects of biotechnology, process engineering, power engineering and environmental analysis.
Duration: 3 years
Start of studies: winter (October 1) and summer (March 15)
Application period: May 1 through July 15 for the winter term, November 20 through January 15 for the summer term
General entrance qualification for admission to a university or technical college or a subject-related university entrance qualification. Admission is also possible via professional university access. Students have to serve a pre-study internship of at least twelve weeks in a relevant professional field prior to their studies or by the end of the third semester at the latest.
German B2 (language of instruction: German)
Contents and Structure
- Basics in Chemistry and Biology
- Materials Science
- Technical Mechanics and Design
- Electrical Engineering & Information Technology
- Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
- Mechanical and Thermal Process Engineering
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Physical Chemistry and Chemical Process Engineering
- Control Engineering
- Measurement and Sensor Technology
Module Group Environmental Technology
- Organic and Inorganic Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Analysis
- Water and Waste Water Treatment
- Air Pollution Control
- Waste Management (Soil Pollution Control, etc.)
- Environmentally Friendly Energy Technology
- Production-integrated Environmental Protection
- Business Management
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Law
- Innovation Management
The last semester is designated for the completion of the final research paper (Bachelor’s Thesis) which may also cover research carried out in connection with practical placement at a company.