Program Digital Technology and Management
Teaching language: English!
The Digital Technology and Management degree program offers an interdisciplinary and international education combining information and communication technology, operational value creation processes and management in international companies. A highly attractive, future-oriented profile. Why?
Motivation and Goals of the Program
Digitalization, connectivity, big data and AI, but also globalization have revolutionized the way companies are run. They are changing not only how, but also which products and services companies develop, procure, produce and market, and how they earn money as a result.
To master this transformation, we need graduates who think and act in an interdisciplinary, cross-functional and interfacing way; who have a deep understanding of digital technologies as well as management know-how, language skills and intercultural competencies; who are creative and at the same time strong in implementation; who are able to familiarize themselves with ever new topics while still keeping an eye on the old.
These are exactly the competencies you will acquire in the Digital Technology and Management program!
These are your study benefits!
- highly topical subjects (digitalization, networking, big data, globalization)
- many interdisciplinary subjects, partly in cooperation with partner universities abroad
- completely in English or, from the internship on, also in German
- innovative teaching methods
- extensive practical integration
- first research experience
- options for choice and specialization from the 1st semester onwards
- summer and winter schools at home and abroad
- top-class lecturers from science and practice
- modern laboratories and equipment
- small university and close supervision
The presentation of the study program summarizes these highlights and describes further details of the study program.
Digitization affects all corporate functions in the value chain of manufacturing companies, from research, development and engineering, manufacturing and logistics to marketing, sales and services and support functions. Graduates of the study program will therefore find a wide range of job opportunities if they choose the appropriate specialization, in particular
- in digital or data-based after-sales,
- in key account management or sales of digital solutions,
- in technology purchasing
and especially in corporate and management functions, such as
- project management
- product management, and
- corporate development.
Doors are also wide open for our graduates in terms of the industries in which they will work. Cross-functional thinking, experience in the development and implementation of digital technologies, business knowledge, languages and intercultural skills are key employment criteria in international companies in all industries. Our regional and international partner companies are primarily
- in the electrical and automation industry as well as
- mechanical and plant engineering, but also in
- medical technology, healthcare, and
- online retailing.
Start your career in the industries of the future. Become a part of innovative companies and global market leaders. Contribute to change by implementing digital solutions for your future employer! Graduates with the profile of the Digital Technology and Management program are indispensable and consequently belong to the top earners among academics.
The English-taught Digital Technology and Management degree program is internationally oriented and offers various elective options. These can be used either for improving language skills, to participate in summer or winter schools or for the development of professional or personal skills. This makes the program very flexible and suitable for applicants with different educational backgrounds and language skills.
On the one hand, the course aims at applicants who only have basic knowledge of German (level A2) and wish to expand on this.
It is equally attractive for applicants who already have German language skills at level B2 or higher or are even native speakers.
Start of study
The program starts in the summer semester and in the winter semester.
Application period for the winter semester
For the winter semester starting on October 1, you can apply online from May 1 to July 15. In exceptional cases we will extend the application deadlines for individual courses of study. You can find out whether you can still apply for this programme in the applicant portal.
Application period for the summer semester
You can apply online for the summer semester from 20 November to 15 January.
Do you want to apply for the Bachelor's programme Digital Technology and Management? For admission to the OTH Amberg-Weiden you either need
- a general university entrance qualification, or
- a subject-related university entrance qualification, or
- an advanced technical college entrance qualification.
- In addition, admission via vocational university entrance is possible.
Applicants with a school leaving certificate from a foreign school are advised to submit a certificate of recognition of the school leaving certificate issued by a certified institution (e.g. uni-assist) by the end of the application period. The decision on admission to the program is made by the examination board.
Due to the program’s unique portfolio, the following additional requirements apply:
- All applicants must also provide proof of English language skills at B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. This proof can be provided by German students through the Abitur grade in English, alternatively by international applicants* through a valid/current ALTE (Level 3), UNIcert® II, Cambridge English (First/FCE), TOEFL (min. 72), IELTS (5.0 or better), PTE Academic (min. 59) or TOEIC (min. 785) confirming English proficiency at B2 level. Proof is not required if the university entrance qualification or a previously acquired university degree was obtained in English.
- Supplementary regulations for applicants who have not acquired their university entrance qualification in German: The study program intends to teach you a sufficient command of the German language to complete your practical study semester in a German-speaking company and to select German-taught elective modules in higher semesters if you wish to do so. In order to enable this acquisition of competence within only 4 semesters, sufficient knowledge of the German language must already be demonstrated upon enteringthe study program by means of a language certificate corresponding to level A2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Further admission restrictions (e.g. numerus clausus) may additionally apply depending on the demand situation: In this regard, please note the current announcements as part of the application process.
What is WIGCares?
WIGCaresa one-stop support programme in the faculty of Industrial Engineering and Healthcare aims to support Year One students through counseling, guidance, preparatory courses, on-on boarding and mentoring. A fixed team of experienced older students from all Bachelor programmes assist first and second semester students (and those interested in studying in a programme at the WIG faculty) with activities and support programmes like Rent-A-Student, Study-Buddies, informational events, study groups and mentoring to help make the sometimes challenging transition from secondary school to university an easier one.
Sound interesting?! Join our team!
Contact Partner WIGCares Programme
Livestream Digital Technology and Management
As part of our series „Bachelor On Air”, Prof. Dr. Julia Heigl and the Head of the International Office, Dr. Annabelle Wolff, presented the degree programme „Digital Technology and Management” in a YouTube livestream on Thursday, 15 July 2021. If you missed the livestream, you are welcome to watch the video again.