You have completed a bachelor's degree and would like to know how to come up with ideas for innovative projects or products? Do you want to start your own start-up or drive forward digital processes and innovations in an existing company?
The new Master's programme in Digital Entrepreneurship provides you with answers to the exciting questions about setting up start-ups, establishing new business units and identifying and implementing innovations (also) in established companies. In addition, you will learn everything you need to know about the digital technologies of the future. Entrepreneurial thinking and acting is the focus of the course. Entrepreneurship (new founders of innovative start-ups), intrapreneurship (entrepreneurial innovators in existing companies), innovation management and digital technologies are central topics of the course. During your studies you will evaluate and design digital processes using your own innovation and start-up projects, learn methods of product development, expand your technological competencies in the field of digitisation and combine these with entrepreneurial skills.
The goal of the master's degree in Digital Entrepreneurship is not only to acquire specialist knowledge but also to develop your personal and management skills in a holistic way. Thus, the course offers you the chance to advance your methodological competence, foundation/innovation competence, social competence and personal development. This will enable you to work profitably in a team and will qualify you to implement innovations and start-up ideas after graduation.
As a graduate of the Master's programme, you can work as an innovation manager in established companies. You also have the opportunity to actively advance digitization in a global environment as a sought-after specialist. Or you may decide to set up a start-up. You will establish the necessary network during your studies at our university.
Upon successful completion of your studies, you will be awarded the academic degree Master of Arts (M.A.).
Today, digitalization offers an unprecedented number of possibilities, but can also quickly displace a company that has been successful for decades. Anyone who can recognize dangers and drive digital innovation and creativity within the company enjoys excellent prospects on the job market.
As a graduate of the master's degree program in Digital Entrepreneurship, you are one of the visionary employees with ideas for innovative projects and products. Competences in the areas of digital business processes and digital services are more in demand than ever. Not infrequently, the (regional) economy is still chasing the trends of digitalisation.
After successful completion of your studies, you will set the tone in topics such as digital automation, sensor-controlled production, logistics control, Internet of Things and digital hybrid products. With your well-founded scientific and practical education you can score points in many areas in companies. You will be awarded the academic degree Master of Arts (M.A.) - and you will have the necessary tools and methods to set up your own start-up.
Whatever your vision is: you are completely free to choose your employer. After graduating, you will be an independent all-rounder, working in operational company divisions or taking on management functions at top or top management level.
Since you have different questions and needs, we divide our support into different components. In this way, we pick you up where you are right now with your idea or project. These measures are currently running under the project "Oberpfalz Start-up HUB".
Scouting: We are looking for your projects and work!
Sensitize: We inform you about current topics!
Teach: We teach you the skills you need!
Promote: We advise you individually!
Collaborate: We network you with partners!
For more information, visit the O/HUB pages.
The Digitale Gründerinitiative Oberpfalz (DGO) paves the way for innovative start-ups in the Upper Palatinate. It offers founders support to realize digital business ideas, services or products. You too can use the program to exchange ideas, make new contacts - and drive forward the digital start-up culture in the Upper Palatinate together with our university and the DGO.
Read more about the DGO.
André Pscherer, M.Sc.
You have a good business idea and want to start your own company? We are happy for you that you want to take this courageous step towards founding a company - and we are here to support you in word and deed. Simply make an appointment with the start-up consulting service at the Technical University (OTH) Amberg-Weiden for competent and individual advice. We will be happy to support you.
Find more information on the pages of the Start-up Consulting.
Prof. Dr. Hermann Raab
Apply now for the Master's programme Digital Entrepreneurship!
You can apply for a place at the OTH Amberg-Weiden both for the winter semester and for the summer semester.
Application period for the winter semester
For the winter semester starting on October 1, you can apply online from May 1 to July 15.
In exceptional cases, we extend the application deadlines of individual degree programs. You can find out whether you can still apply for this degree program in the application portal.
Application period for the summer semester
You can apply online for the summer semester from November 15 to January 15.
More detailed information on application and registration can be found here.
The Master's degree course in Digital Entrepreneurship requires students to pass an aptitude test in the form of a written essay. You can apply for a study place within the application period at the application portal of the OTH-Amberg-Weiden.
To be admitted to the Master's program in Digital Entrepreneurship, you should fulfill the requirements listed in §5 and §6 of the study and examination regulations of the study program. In §6 (here in excerpts) you can learn more about the course-specific aptitude test.
§ 6 Proof of course-specific suitability
(1) The prerequisite for participation in the aptitude procedure is the timely and complete submission of the required application documents in due form and form.
2) The successful submission of a written essay is required as proof of suitability for the specific course of study. The selection committee shall determine the organisational framework and the deadline for submission and submission.
The essay shall deal with the three subject areas:
are specifications for the essay:
The essay must be written in German and contain a minimum of 1 800 and a maximum of 2 500 words.
The topic includes a case analysis, which requires a good basic knowledge of the three topics mentioned.
The essay will take two weeks to complete from the date of publication. The thesis must be submitted online to the Faculty of Business Administration before the end of the editing period.
Sources and aids consulted must be indicated.
A form has to be enclosed confirming that the essay was written independently.
In the evaluation of the essay, the subject areas under no. 1 to 2 are included in the point evaluation according to § 6 paragraph 3 at 25% each, the subject area under no. 3 at 20%.
(3) 1The results of the essay in accordance with Para. 2 and the final grade of the first degree course are used as the basis for a differentiated evaluation with points. ²A total of 100 points can be achieved, 70 points from the essay and 30 points from the first degree course. Passing the aptitude test requires at least 65 points to be achieved. 4 The final grade of the first degree course is converted into points as follows: 0 points are awarded for the grade 4.0 and 30 points are awarded for the grade 1.0. 5For every tenth better than the grade 4.0, 1 point is awarded.
4) 1If the applicant achieves the result "not passed" in the aptitude procedure, the application is possible at a further date. ²A third application is excluded. 3The result of the aptitude procedure for the respective Master's programme will be communicated in writing.
(5) Proof of suitability for the specific course of study is provided for applicants who have completed their relevant first degree with an overall grade of "better than 1.3" or who are demonstrably among the top 10% of the graduates of their course of study.
(6) 1The aptitude procedure is carried out by a selection committee consisting of two professors appointed by the Faculty Council of the respective faculty and the appointed chairman-member of the Master's examination board. The members of the selection committee appoint a chairperson from among their number. The term of office of the members of the Selection Committee is three years, re-appointment is permitted. 4 The Women's Representative of the respective faculty may participate in the selection committee in an advisory capacity.
Hear what our students have to say about the program: