Zur Navigation springen Zum Inhalt springen


Here you can find frequently asked questions concerning our study program International Energy Engineering.

Note: You can look for keywords by using control + F (Windows) or command + F (Mac).

Unfortunately, some links are only available in German. If you enter websites which are not translated to English, we recommend using https://www.deepl.com/en/translator as a translation tool.

For all concerns please use the e-mail address welcome-am@oth-aw.de.
(If necessary, your questions will be forwarded to the respective person of contact (POC).)

Questions concerning my application

The application has to be done online by following the instructions in application system Primuss

​​​​​​​You can check the status of your application in your personal account after you have registered. Please make sure you remember your login dates.

​​​​​​​The application has to be done online by following the instructions in application system Primuss.

All international applicants who have not obtained their bachelor’s degree in Europa must have their credentials reviewed and approved by uni-assist. Please note that it can take up to several weeks until you receive your VPD (Vorprüfungsdokumentation = necessary document for your application). After having received or while waiting for your VPD you can apply at OTH Amberg-Weiden and upload your documents in Primuss.

Even if you already have a VPD from another university, you still have to apply for a VPD specifically for OTH Amberg-Weiden.

If you are from a non-EU-member-state, you need to apply for a visa at the German embassy in your home country. Please note that it can take up to several weeks until you receive your visa. Make sure that you apply early.

Information about requirements for our study program International Energy Engineering can be found on the pages "Admission requirements and admission procedure" of the program.

The examination board will decide whether your language skills as well as other qualifications are adequate, or if you need to submit further certificates. Language certificates and other necessary documents have to be uploaded in the application system Primuss. Proof of German A2 can be submitted after your first year at the latest.

One of the following English language tests with minimum scores as indicated will be sufficient:

  • TOEFEL IBT - 80
  • IELTS Cambridge - 6
  • TOEIC – 780

Proof is not required if the university entrance qualification or the university degree was obtained in English.

Please always use the application system PRIMUSS and do not send your certificates via e-mail in advance.

​​​​​​​This is a degree program that does not require tuition payment by neither national nor international students. There is no tuition fee, you only have to pay 52€ per semester for administrative matters (student identity card etc.).

Questions concerning the study program:

General information concerning your studies at OTH Amberg-Weiden and International Energy Engineering can be found on the program website under Contents.

You can find information about the study program and the relevant courses on our homepage, in the module overview or in the timetable.  

​​​​​​​We use the learning management system MoodleAfter the login with your login dates which you will receive after enrolment you can get access to your courses and the respective lecture material.

No. The proof of A2 German, which is a criteria of immatriculation hast to be acquired externally.

Questions concerning life in Germany:

Unfortunately, we do not provide a semester ticket for public transport. However, you do get a discount in some (public) institutions like e.g. swimming pool.

Yes. Please contact our Health Insurance Officer, Mr. Schaller, from Techniker Krankenkasse (cc). He will assist you in taking out health insurance. You may as well apply online. If you want to take out a full package with TK's partner Expatrio, follow this link https://www.expatrio.com/

You are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week.

You can find accommodations, which are only 5 minutes walking distance from the university. Please note that in Germany, accommodation in student halls of residence is not automatically granted upon admission to a degree program. Please make your own arrangements for accommodation and, above all, make sure you make them in good time.

The estimated living expenses are:

  • Enrolment Fee: 52 EUR/semester
  • Accommodation: 323 EUR
  • Food: 168 EUR
  • Travels: 94 EUR
  • Course Materials: 20 EUR
  • Communication: 31 EUR
  • Radio & TV Licence Fee: 17.50 EUR (obligatory)
  • Leisure Activities: 61 EUR
  • Health Insurance: 105 EUR

Total 871.50 EUR / month on average

Nach oben