Kochbot - Robust Mobile Speech-enabled Cooking Assistant for German [paper]
Kochbot is a cooking assistant application for Android smartphones and tablet devices that robustly processes speech I/O and supports German recipes. Its main functions are (1) helping searching in a large recipe collection, (2) reading out loud the cooking instructions step-by-step, and (3) answering questions during cooking. The goal was to investigate and demonstrate the use of speech assistance in a task-oriented, hands-free scenario. Furthermore, we investigate rapid domain adaptation by utilizing shallow natural language processing techniques such as part-of-speech tagging, morphological analysis and sentence boundary detection on the domain text corpus of 32,000 recipes. The system is fully implemented and scales up well with respect to the number of users and recipes.
Kochbot@CeBIT 2014 and @IFA 2014 in the press/on TV:
- Kochbot in Update on EbruTV.de (starting from 13:23)
- DIE ZEIT 2014-08-07: Forschungswelten - Technik der Zukuft
- Saarbrücker Zeitung: "Der Herd kocht künftig das Essen alleine"
- Alhurra iTech: Kochbot - مطبخ ذكي آلي وتفاعلي (intelligent, automated and interactive kitchen)
- 3dnews.ru: интеллектуальная кухня
- Youtube mobilegeeks: "Kochbot - Cooking App & Automated Kitchen"
- Deutschlandradio Kultur: "Leckeres mit dem Kochbot zubereiten"
- n-tv: "Technik-Neuheiten für den Alltag"
- Linux-Magazin: "App steuert Küchengeräte"
- 3sat nano: "Vernetzte Haushalte"
- Kochbot: Sprechender Assistent beim Kochen | TV-Magazin Update
Kochbot App in the press:
ACL Anthology Searchbench
Semantic, Fulltext and Bibliographic Search in more than 32,000 papers of the ACL Anthology [paper].
The Searchbench is a web application combining sentence-semantic search (statements search) with fulltext, terminology and bibliographic search in scholarly papers. The system works domain-independently: even domain terminology ('topics') is extracted fully automatically from collections and individual papers. The statements search helps finding information more precisely. Users can specify subject, predicate and object of sentences expected to be found in the papers, also with only parts of the sentence structure given. The Searchbench can find similar statements, abstract from passive voice, and optionally exclude negated statements or synonym predicates. Search results are displayed in the original PDF and may be emailed or bookmarked. The semantic statements search can also be used as an open online domain term glossary. The graphical citation browser helps exploring related work by displaying citation sentence information in the graph. By clicking on nodes or edges, the original citation context can be viewed in the PDF. Altogether, the system is meant to be used as a workbench for search, therefore the name Searchbench.