The "Student Advantage Benefit Program" from Microsoft offers all enrolled students as well as all staff members of OTH Amberg-Weiden access to the latest version of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher and Access. You receive Office 365 directly from Microsoft via the "Office 365 Portal". The necessary account with Microsoft is created via the StudiSoft portal of the University of Würzburg.
NOTE: The HS-ACCOUNT mentioned in the process is NOT the mail address but <username>@oth-aw.de.
Included in the package are the following Microsoft applications
- Office desktop version installed locally and usable offline
- 5 installations per user on PC and Mac
- Version upgrades included
The usage is bound to the respective status of the student / staff member. Authorisations are generated directly from the user account. The transfer of personal data must be explicitly agreed to prior to transfer. Activation must be renewed regularly and ends with exmatriculation or leaving the university.
Note: When using MS Office 365 and the associated MS 365 Cloud, the guidelines for cloud use valid at the OTH-AW (registration required!) must be observed!
https://www.studisoft.de (select your own university if necessary)
With Office 356 account <username>@oth-aw.de, after successful set-up via Studisoft:
As a member of Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching, the university at which you are enrolled is authorised to provide you with programme software for use on your personal computer. You must agree to the Usage Policy below, the End User Licence Agreement (EULA) and the End User Licence Agreement Supplement, and any policies issued by your institution.
Your university' s program administrator collects data to track student use, shares aggregate data with Microsoft ® upon request, and ensures compliance with program policies by users - students, faculty, and staff. By installing, copying, or otherwise making use of the Software, you agree to abide by the Terms and the Supplemental Agreement.
- You must be enrolled in at least one intensified course at the member school to be eligible to install the software on your private computer.
- Your university can either provide you with access to a download server or give you a copy of the software to install on your private computer for a set period of time.
- For certain products, you will receive a product key which is required to install the software. You may not pass this on to other persons.
- You may not give copies of the borrowed or downloaded software to anyone else. Other eligible students must obtain the software through the method(s) specified by the Programme Administrator.
- You may use the software for non-commercial purposes, including teaching and research, and/or in designing, developing and testing projects as part of course assignments, exams or personal projects. You may not use the software for the development of commercial software.
- If you are no longer enrolled at the member university, you are no longer entitled to obtain software. However, you may continue to use products already installed on your computer provided that you continue to comply with the programme guidelines.
- If you violate the terms of the EULA and the Supplemental Agreement, the Program Administrator will request confirmation that the Program Software has been removed from your personal computer.
Declaration of consent
By logging in with your NDS user ID, you agree to be bound by the terms of the EULA and the End User Licence Agreement Supplement.