Welcome to the Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Amberg-Weiden (OTH)
The Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Amberg-Weiden (OTH – Technical University of Applied Sciences) is located in the Upper Palatinate, an administrative district of the federal state of Bavaria. It is home to four departments on two campuses in Amberg and Weiden, respectively, about 40 kilometers apart.
With approximately 3,500 students and an academic staff of 83, the University offers excellent conditions and career prospects. In addition to the regular academic programmes, students can choose from a variety of extra-curricular courses and activities to sharpen their skills and broaden their minds. Our graduates are in great demand on the regional and national labour markets, and our University constantly secures top places in university rankings.
Our main objective has been and still is to provide our students with a practical, theory-based education in close cooperation with our partners from business and industry. This practical orientation draws much of its strength from our professors’ extensive hands-on experience – all of them have worked outside academia for at least five years. Students benefit from small group teaching, practical seminars and laboratories and a compulsory work placement.
OTH Amberg-Weiden: Study@ItsBest
Feel at home, benefit from an excellent study environment and pay no tuition fees.
Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Amberg-Weiden (OTH AW) is a young, up-and-coming, innovative University of Applied Sciences in the heart of Eastern Bavaria. With our campuses in Amberg (departments of mechanical and environmental engineering, information and media technology) and Weiden (departments of business, industrial engineering and health), about 40 kilometers apart, we provide first-class higher education in a region outside the major urban centers. Due to our excellent study facilities, a large bandwidth of Bachelor and Master programs in German as well as English, and close ties with the industry, our highly trained graduates strengthen the businesses in the region and beyond. Our study programs cover current topics such as Artificial Intelligence, Digital Business, Medical Technology, Management and Sustainability, Patent Engineering, and International Business. University rankings prove that we do a good job: we regularly finish at the top of the competition. www.oth-aw.de
We look forward to welcoming you to OTH Amberg-Weiden! firstname.lastname@example.org
You are looking for future-oriented study programs?
OTH Amberg-Weiden combines cutting-edge study programs with the feel@home atmosphere reserved for small, exquisite schools.
Choose from a number of bachelor programs such as Artificial Intelligence, Digital Business, Patent Engineering, Medical Technology, Geoinformatics & Land Management, Motorsport Engineering, Media Technology & Production, or Energy Efficiency, to name a few.
Earn a second-level degree in one of our consecutive master programs, for example in Applied Research in Engineering Sciences, Information Technology & Automation, Digital Entrepreneurship, Environmental Technology or Intercultural Business & Technology Management.
Boost your career by benefiting from our close ties to industry partners, extra-curricular courses, excursions, and company visits.
Enjoy our extra-curricular activities, university sports programmes and excursions as well as the vibrant campus life.
What we offer…
- 26 bachelor programs, one of which – International Business – is taught in English;
- 20 master programs, one of which – International Management and Sustainability – is taught in English;
- A very good student-professor-ratio – our professors know their students personally and encourage them to maximize their career opportunities;
- Perfect student support through administrative facilities, such as the International Office, the Student Affairs Office, the Center for Gender and Diversity, the Language Center, the 24-Hour Library, the Council of Student Representation and our Industry Network;
- We don’t charge any tuition fees for our programs.
- Both campuses are equipped with top standard facilities in a personal and safe environment and each is situated in a beautiful historic town.
- Our state-of-the-art laboratories enable you to gain first-hand experience with new technologies.
- Both locations can be considered as very safe and in terms of the coronavirus pandemic Germany has managed the situation very well and the well-being of our university family has top priority.
- The cost of living in Amberg and Weiden is affordable compared to the bigger cities in Germany.
- We host newly built and furnished student accommodation (single apartments) – they’re in great demand, make sure you register well in advance.
- Amberg and Weiden both offer a wide array of cultural events, and they are surrounded by beautiful nature, giving you the peace to concentrate on your studies when you need it. The Bavarian cities Munich, Regensburg and Nuremberg are all in short distance.
- Many of our professors and researchers come from companies and industries close by and therefore bring a wealth of practical expertise to the classroom.
Get in touch. We look forward to welcoming you to OTH Amberg-Weiden!
Contact us at: email@example.com