- DFG - Scientifc network: Förster, M. (applicant); Hommel, M. (co-responsible); Aprea, C.; Fürstenau, B.; Happ, R. & Wuttke, E. (2020). AFin – Action-based Financial Literacy – Conceptualization, Assessment and Validation. Duration: 01.10.2021 to 30.09.2024
- Funding by the Multimedia Fund of TU Dresden for the development of an e-learning scenario with video units for the course "Fundamentals of Human Resource Management", Project "DigitGPM", duration: 01.06.2019 to 30.09.2020.
- Funding by the Multimedia Fund of the TU Dresden for the implementation of a digital teaching-learning arrangement in university teaching, project "Web*forLern - Web-based research-based learning" for the implementation of the e-learning strategy of the TU Dresden, term: 01.04.2017 to 30.09.2018.
- Funding for participation in the EARLI 2017 in Tampere (Finland) by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Congress Travel Programme 2017.
- Funded by the BMBF joint project "Teaching Practice in Transfer", WiWiPäd - A complex (digital) teaching-learning arrangement for research-based learning in economics and business education degree programmes, duration 01.04.2016 to 31.12.2016.
- Funding from the future concept "support the best" (Excellence Initiative, TU Dresden) to establish a competence centre for video-based teaching research in vocational and business education, 2014 to 2016.
- Open Forum Award 2013 for the lecture "Reflection in the classroom" at the autumn conference of the Section for Vocational and Business Education of the German Society for Educational Science (DGfE) in Chemnitz.
- Research grant from the German Research Foundation (DFG) to finance a stay abroad at the International Centre for Classroom Research (ICCR) at the University of Melbourne, Graduate School of Education, February to April 2013.
- Dr. Händel Award 2012 of the Faculty of Economics at TU Dresden to foster the faculty's contacts abroad.
Financial Literacy (FL) of citizens is not only relevant for their individual financial situation, but also has the potential to influence economies across borders. FL proves itself in financially competent action appropriate to the situation. In order to develop appropriate measures to promote individuals' FL, a holistic understanding of FL is required that takes into account not only cognitive aspects, but also motivational aspects, attitudes and financially competent action. Such a holistic framework for a competence model forms the basis for valid measurements of FL and the prerequisite for effective promotion approaches.
The scientific network was initiated by Prof. Dr. Manuel Förster (applicant, TUM), Prof. Dr. Mandy Hommel (co-responsible, OTH Amberg-Weiden), Prof. Dr. Carmela Aprea (University of Mannheim), Prof. Dr. Roland Happ (University of Leipzig), Prof. Dr. Bärbel Fürstenau (TU Dresden) and Prof. Dr. Eveline Wuttke (Goethe University Frankfurt a. M.). A total of 18 national and international researchers are addressing the development of a framework model, test instruments and validation as the basis for targeted promotion of FL. The scientific network is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) for a period of 36 months (starting in October 2021) (GZ: FO 1039/2-1).
- First network meeting (kick-off) - 13.10. to 14.10.2022 in Munich (TUM, hybrid)
- Second network meeting - 23.03. to 24.03.2022 in Mannheim (University of Mannheim, online)
- Third network meeting - 8.12. to 9.12.2022 in Dresden (TU Dresden, hybrid)
- Fourth network meeting – 14.06. to 16.06.2023 in Frankfurt (Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main)