Welcome to the Department of Electrical Engineering, Media and Computer Science
Our Range of Services
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
dear visitors of our homepage,
I would like to welcome you to the website of the Department of Electrical Engineering, Media and Computer Science - in short, the Faculty EMI.
We offer study programs and conduct applied research and developments in the fields of electrical engineering and information technology, educational technology, geoinformatics and land management, industrial informatics, engineering pedagogy, artificial intelligence, media informatics, and media technology and media production.
In eight Bachelor's and five Master's degree programs, our students prepare for challenging technical professions in current future fields. The study conditions at our department are characterized by small study groups, close contact between students and lecturers, and equipment at the highest technical level. Most of our degree programs can also be studied "dual", in combination with an apprenticeship.
You can find more details about our study programs and facilities under career fields, study programs and laboratories.
In addition to teaching, the professors of the EMI department carry out numerous research and development projects, in cooperation with other universities and research institutions, but especially with industrial partners from the region and beyond. You can find more information about research and development at the Faculty EMI under Fields of Competence, Projects and Laboratories.
Please feel free to contact us - we are open to questions, requests or suggestions.
With kind regards
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ulrich Schäfer
Dean of the Department EMI
Numbers and Facts
- over 1005 students and about 132 graduates per year
- 30 professors, reinforced by almost 20 lecturers
- 70 non-scientific and scientific employees, including 49 project engineers
- 29 laboratories
- affiliated institute aia (automations institut amberg)
Within the "large" areas of electrical engineering/information technology, computer science and media, the EMI department specifically occupies the following fields of competence. In these areas, the professors and their staff are constantly engaged in knowledge transfer with external partners within the framework of demanding projects, which in turn benefits teaching, for example in the form of specialization subjects and theses.
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Plant automation / An-Institut aia (automations institut amberg)
- Electric drives
- Power Electronics
- Signal processing / communication technology
- Digital teaching
- Teaching development and consulting
- Interactive explainer video production
- Video production with green screen for inverted classroom scenarios
- Study programs Geoinformatics and Land Management, Industry 4.0 Informatics and Media Informatics
- Information Security
- Mobile & Physical Computing
- Visual Computing
- Vocational specialization electrical engineering and information technology
- Computer Science
- Vocational education and social sciences
- Data Analytics & Computer Vision
- Smart Energy und Smart Home
- Smart Robotics & Smart Media
Media Production and- Design
- Digital Media
- Information visualization
- Image- und Product Movie
For more information, see Projects and Labs.