Everything you need to know...

Are you looking for information about your study programme? If you have questions about theses, leave of absence, exmatriculation, practical semesters, university examinations, re-registration or changing your degree programme, you can find the details here.

Leave of absence

As a student at our university, you can apply for a leave of absence from your studies if there is an important reason. As a rule, this can be granted for up to a total of two semesters per degree programme. Periods of maternity and parental leave are not counted towards this.

Your application for leave of absence must be submitted in good time via the Student’s office at OTH Amberg-Weiden. During the period of leave of absence, you remain a student at OTH Amberg-Weiden.

Study and examination achievements - with the exception of repeat examinations, which must be written (!) - cannot be completed during the period of leave of absence. If you are on maternity leave or parental leave, you may take examinations.

Please note that the re-registration obligation also applies during the period of leave.

Exmatriculation from studies

Here you will find information on the process of exmatriculation.

Students are exmatriculated at the end of the semester in which they passed the final examination.

Furthermore, exmatriculation takes place in the following cases:

  • on application
  • in the case of an examination that has been definitively failed
  • failure to re-register or to pay fees due
  • in the event of improper enrolment or re-registration

In good time before completing or giving up your studies, you as a student must return all items given to you by OTH Amberg-Weiden, in particular books borrowed from the library.

Information on handing in the thesis and further enrolment

Practical semester / practical phases

Department AmbergDepartment Weiden

Internship Office E 09
Kaiser-Wilhelm-Ring 23
92224 Amberg

Opening hours:
Monday - Friday: 9:00 to 12:00 a.m.
Afternoons by telephone

Contact: praktikumswesen-am@oth-aw.de

Internship Office Vw 008
Hetzenrichter Weg 15
92637 Weiden i. d. OPf.

Opening hours
Monday - Friday: 9:00 to 12:00 a.m.
Afternoons by telephone

Contact: praktikumswesen-wen@oth-aw.de




Department of Electrical Engineering, Media and Computer Science

Department of Mechanical Engineering / Environmental Technology

Weiden Business School

The downloads can be found in either moodle, Courses General Information .

Department of Industrial Engineering and Health

Re-registration / Student Union Fee

As a student, you have the obligation to re-register for further studies at OTH Amberg-Weiden for the second and each subsequent semester in the prescribed re-registration period.

How do you re-register?

To do this, first open the Online Services tab on the OTH homepage. This will take you to the Primuss portal. To access the Primuss portal, you have to log in with your university log-in data. In the "Student Office" menu, you can complete and confirm your re-registration.

Only by re-registering do you remain a member of OTH Amberg-Weiden. If you do not re-register, your studies will end at the end of the current semester.

The re-registration period (usually one week before the examination period in the first examination week) will be announced by the university on a separate notice board, via the notice board and also on Facebook.

Student Union Fee and Semester Ticket

Contributions of € 162.00 are due for the Studentenwerk Oberfranken. This amount is made up of a € 72.00 student union fee and a € 90.00 semester ticket.

Tuition Fee

Since the winter semester 2013/2014, tuition fees are no longer charged at OTH Amberg-Weiden.

Change of degree programme

In order to change your degree programme, you must apply for the newly chosen degree programme in due form and time. A change to another university in Bavaria is possible with regard to the course of studies under examination regulations. The prerequisite is a timely application for enrolment at the receiving university of your choice.

On the other hand, you need to know that a transfer from Bavarian universities to non-Bavarian universities and vice versa requires extensive checks of the university entrance qualification in individual cases, as well as a check of credits for periods of study and examinations already taken.

Regarding your transfer to scientific universities, please contact the receiving university in each case.

After the final examination, which awards the general higher education entrance qualification, you are entitled as a graduate of a university to transfer to a scientific university, university of the arts or comprehensive university without restriction to a subject area.

Theses during studies

As part of your Bachelor's or Master's examination, you will write a Bachelor's or Master's thesis in the subject area of your degree programme.
You have passed your Bachelor's or Master's examination if you have achieved at least the grade "sufficient" in all examination subjects, including the Bachelor's or Master's thesis.
All downloads can also be found under MyOTH after logging in as a student.

Forms and guidelines for writing the Bachelor's or Master's thesis at the OTH Amberg-Weiden

Faculty Weiden Business Scool

Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Media and Computer Science

Faculty of Mechanical Engineering/Environmental Technology

Faculty of Industrial Engineering and Health

Geheimhaltungsvereinbarungen mit der Wirtschaft