Interview with Prof. Maximilian Kock, January 2017 (in German)
born on 07.05.1965 in Karlsruhe
School education in Hagen/Westphalia, first piano lessons at the age of seven
Studies of audio and video engineering at the Robert-Schumann-Musikhochschule (main subject piano) and the Fachhochschule Düsseldorf, graduation 1991 as Diplom-Ingenieur
- sound engineer (1988 - 1992) at Deutschlandfunk in Cologne, at Radio NRW in Oberhausen and at the Burghardt recording studio in Schwerte/Dortmund
- Video editor/ sound engineer (1993 - 1994) at Rockamerica in New York City, USA
- Head of music and audio design (1994 - 2008) at ProSieben in Unterföhring/ Munich. Various lectures at symposia on TV audio design, including ZDF Mainz, Filmhochschule Babelsberg, Hochschule für Musik in Weimar, SRT Nuremberg, Promax Prague, Eyes & Ears Conference Cologne, soundtrack cologne.
- Professor for audio production (since 2008) at the OTH Amberg-Weiden
- Consultant for the Eyes & Ears Academy (auditory design and audio production) for the Eyes & Ears of Europe Association: www.eeofe.de
- Vice Dean of the Faculty EMI (2009 to 2017)
- Head of the study programs Media Production and Media Technology, Bachelor and Master (2011 to 2017)
- Doctorate (Dr. phil.) at the University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt on "The influence of different audio design for the same moving image".
- Dean (faculty spokesperson) of the Faculty EMI (since winter semester 2017/2018, re-election for winter semester 2019/2020 until Oktober 2020)