The Deutschlandstipendium is a national scholarship programme funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). It is awarded annually at the OTH Amberg-Weiden and supports high-achieving students of the OTH Amberg-Weiden with a scholarship rate of 300 euros per month. In addition to academic performance, extra-curricular commitment and personal circumstances are also included in the evaluation of candidates. The selection of applicants is done by a university committee.
While the federal government finances half of the scholarship funds, the other half is donated by private sponsors, companies and foundations. In this way, scholarship holders also have the opportunity to network with the sponsorship circle during the funding period.
Applications for the funding year 2023/24 (starting in October 2023) are open from September 1 to October 11, 2023.
By means of the Deutschlandstipendium, the OTH Amberg-Weiden, together with private sponsors and the Federal Ministry of Education, supports above-average qualified and motivated students of the university.
In addition to financial support, the scholarship puts the students in contact with potential employers. The sponsorship creates a network between the sponsors, the scholarship holders and the OTH Amberg-Weiden.
Eligibility and award criteria
Eligible are students who are enrolled at OTH Amberg-Weiden within the standard period of study (up to 7th semester in the Bachelor and up to 3rd semester in the Master).
The following criteria are considered:
- academic achievements and
- other criteria as defined in of § 3 sentence 2 of the StipG (e.g. voluntary work, personal or family circumstances)
The scholarship amounts to 300 € per month. It is awarded as a grant independent of income, which does not have to be repaid and which is also not offset against benefits under the BAföG. The Deutschlandstipendium is not awarded if performance-related funding is already being provided by another institution; however, exceptions to this rule are possible. There is no legal entitlement to the scholarship.
The scholarship is paid out monthly.
The funding period
Scholarships are normally awarded for one year (two semesters), beginning at the start of each winter semester (exception: completion of the standard period of study within the funding period).
Re-application is required to continue the scholarship. The maximum funding period depends on the standard period of study in the respective degree programme.
The application procedure
The application takes place via an online application form, which must be submitted electronically with all required attachments within the application period.
The following attachments must be enclosed with the application:
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- University entrance qualification (high school degree certificate, proof of vocational education for vocationally qualified persons)
- transcript of records valid at the time of application (Primuss portal)
- current proof of awards, commitment, etc.
- If applicable, documents on personal circumstances (medical certificates, birth certificates of children, etc.)
The application deadlines
Application for the funding year 2021/2022 (October 2021 to September 2022) will be open from September 1 to October 10, 2022.
Applications outside the application period cannot be considered.
Awarding the scholarship
The scholarship is awarded by a selection committee of the university, which is composed as follows:
- Representatives of the deans of studies („Studiendekane”) of the four faculties
- Member of the university management (Vice President for Studies and Teaching)
- Head of Studies and Career Service
- the University Women's Representative
- two representatives of the Student Convention
Approval is given in writing.
Legal basis: Federal legislation
- Nationales Stipendienprogramm-Gesetz (National Scholarship Programme Act)
- Änderung des Stipendienprogramm-Gesetzes (Amendment to the Schlolarship Programme Act)
- Verordnung des Stipendienprogramm-Gesetzes (Ordinance of the Scholarship Programme Act)
Information from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research