Basically there are four ways to retrieve emails, contacts and calendar entries:
- Desktop Windows Groupwise Client
- Other programs (clients) e.g. Thunderbird ...
- Access with mobile Android/iOS devices
Webmail is a very convenient application for decentralized management of one's electronic mail. It allows all the basic functions a user expects from an email client, such as reading, writing and deleting emails. It is also possible to schedule and manage appointments.
Groupwise is pre-installed for staff and professors. Students can download Groupwise below:
Enter your username and password here in order to log in on the website
If you need/want to use another program to manage your mail, contacts and calendars (e.g. Thunderbird or Apple Mail, Apple Calendar, Apple Contacts, Lightning, Evolution, KMail), you can set this up using SMTP and IMAP access for Mail, CardDAV for Contacts and CalDAV for Calendars.
SMTP: smtp.oth-aw.de (Attention: Username here is the complete OTH mail address!)
IMAP: imap.oth-aw.de (Attention: Username here is the four-digit OTH user ID!)
CalDAV or CardDAV: xdav.oth-aw.de
You want the convenience of Groupwise on your smartphone
- Your e-mails always at hand
- Your contacts always at hand
- your appointments up to date
Then activate the data synchronization for your RZ account online and configure your smartphone.
When does synchronization with GroupWise make sense for you?
- You have a data flat rate with your cell phone provider.
- You want to use your OTH e-mail, contacts and calendar data in GroupWise effectively via your smartphone.
- You do not yet have any other synchronization of data to your cell phone.
Read and accept the notes on data protection, cost risk and data loss. Specify your RZ account for which you want to activate data synchronization, confirm with your password.
DFN offers universities a service for distribution lists for science and research.