- 1961 Born in Munich
- 1981 Abitur, Gymnasium Icking
- 1981-83 Alternative civilian service as emergency medical assistant
- 1983-88 Academic studies of physics, University of Regensburg and (1985-86) as DAAD-awardee at the University of Colorado, Boulder, USA.
- 1988-90 PhD-studies at the Institute for Theoretical Physics, field: Theoretical particle physics.
- Award: "Kulturpreis Ostbayern", 1991.
- 1990-91 Scientific assistant at the Institute for Theoretical Physics
- 1990-95 Systems Design at SIEMENS AG Munich, Information and Communication Networks, Wireless Communications. Responsible for Digital Signal Processing hard- and software in a R&D group.
- 1992-93 System design and software development for an adaptive digital controller for X-Ray applications.
- since 1995 Professor for Digital Signal Processing at HAW
- Coordinator and advisor for the degree program "Master of Information Technology and Electrical Automation (IA)."
- Advisor for the internship semester for the bachelor programs "Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EI)" and "Applied Computer Science (AI)." More information regarding the internship semester can found here.
- Head of the laboratory "Digital Signal Processing", including equipment for digital communications and digital control.